Romeo “Romi” Garduce a veteran mountain climber from Balanga, Bataan, a member of UPM (University of the Philippines Mountaineers) is attempting to scale the 7 Highest Mountains in Seven Continents. As he continue the quest to be the First Filipino to conquer the Seven Summits Expedition in support of GMA Network, Inc.
He already finished 6 out of the 7 highest mountains in 7 continents. The latest expedition in July, 2011 was the Carstenz Pyramid in Indonesia. To sum up here’s the list of the Seven Summits:
- Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania | September 2002 | Africa
- Mount Aconcagua, Argentina | January 2005 | South America
- Mount Everest, Nepal-Tibet | May 19, 2006 | Asia
- Mount Elbrus, Russia | August 2004 (but didn't reach peak it was aborted at 5,400 m due to bad weather conditions) | August 25, 2007 | Europe
- Mount Denali, Alaska | June 6, 2008 | North America
- Mount Kosciuszko, Australia | January, 2009 | Australia
- Carstensz Pyramid | July, 2011 | Australasia
- Mount Vinson | December, 2011 (Target Date) | Antarctica
He take a day hike of Mt. Apo for 10 hrs. taking the Kidapawan Trail (one of the 5 trails you can climb Mt. Apo) as part of his training climb for Carstenz Pyramid.
Here’s a documentary I found in You Tube posted by bidyunatin. This video was courtesy of Born to be Wild which Romeo Garduce is one of the host together with Kiko Rustia and Doc Ferds Recto.
Click here by Parts