Sir Romeo “Romi” Garduce was the first Filipino who completed the “Seven Summit of the World”. Seven Summit are the highest mountains located in the 7 Continents of the World. Sir Romy was a member of UPM (University of the Philippines Mountaineers), he began climbing in 1991 where in he didn’t knew that he will be going to be a well-known Pinoy Mountaineer.
It takes him 10 years to complete the Seven Summit on January 6, 2012 when he reached the summit peak of Vinson Massif in Antarctica. Here are the details of his “7 Summit”
- Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania (Africa) - September 2002
- Mount Aconcagua, Argentina (South America) - January 2005
- Mount Everest, Nepal-Tibet (Asia) - May 19, 2006
- Mount Elbrus, Russia (Europe) - 1st attempt in August 2004, but didn't reach peak it was aborted at 5,400m due to bad weather conditions. On August 25, 2007 he climbed Mount Elbrus again and reached its summit.
- Mount Denali, Alaska (North America) - June 6, 2008
- Mount Kosciuszko, Australia (Australia) - January, 2009
- Mount Vinson, Antarctica (Antarctica) - January, 2012
Feel free to watch his greatest ascends on the 7 Summit of the World on the GMA News and Public Affairs special “Pito Para Sa Pilipino”.
I'm just thinking... What comes next after 7 Summit of Sir Romi Garduce?